Friday, February 13, 2009

January 19, 2009 Good Morning

Good Morning! Happy Monday!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Today we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr., think of what he did and what he stood for. He stood for what was right, for what was noble. He spoke for those who couldn't. He stood for what wasn't popular, what wasn't acceptable at the time. It shows that we all have choices in life. We can choose to sit and watch or we can stand up and do something about it. We don't have to start a major non-profit organization or find a cure for cancer, but we can stand up for what is right. We can stand up and speak, for those who can't, even if it is not the popular thing to say. We can help those we are able to help, instead of walking by them passively and say shooo, thank god that's not me. The thing that kills me, is even as adults, especially among young adults, there still is that popularity contest. They really live in this "what would people think if..." kind of life. I feel sorry for them because they are really missing out on a huge part of there life. Finding out what makes them truly happy, what gives them meaning. Who was it that said "youth is wasted on the young."


When this recession started we were quick to blame the CEO's, the war, the president (however he is on my top 5 fave list). Problem is people were and are living on Credit. Well now there is nothing left. Look at the price of gas, clothes, food, went up, but everyday wages didn't. Suicide rates are up, I read about executives killing themselves. Really, over money? I always say whats the worse case scenario, you declare bankruptcy, oh well. You still have your family, your health, and if you don't well then you have a problem. Well today we should honor Martin Luther King Jr. for standing up for what is right, for the weak, and the less fortunateWell maybe this recession will teach us something about our values and what we value most. I want to wake up to someone everyday that I love and loves me. I want spend my life with friends and family that I enjoy being with. You would think that would be simple right, no not really. Again, couples even are in on the popularity contest, basing their lives on vulgar materialism, we use our homes like ATMs, take lavish vacations,choose money over people,why? To fill that void, inside. ( I like to shop, especially for bargains, especially now because of the economy such great deals,and for a hobby.) However, I always say you have to be willing to let things go at a drop of a hat, you can enjoy nice things, just don't let them define who you are.


Tomorrow, we will swear in the first Black President of the United States. To me it has very little to do with him being black. To me he stands for the change that America really needs. It will not come easy or quickly, and unfortunately, some will suffer even more. He speaks the truth, he stands for what he believes in and speaks for the weak and for those that can't be heard. Tomorrow is the day that I have been waiting for, for a long time. I hope his words and his leadership will help inspire Americans, not just in the stance of politics, but in the stance to be better people. I hope his words inspire people to live better and more meaningful lives. I have to leave right now, not to go to the gym but to go meet Doc at his office. He is coming in a hour early to see me. He is double booked all day. He goes above and beyond for his patients and for people in general everyday! He doesn't do it for glory or honor, he does it because he cares. He came into medicine because that is his passion, he loves to practice medicine. He has a Ph-D and an MD. He use to be a neuro-researcher,he told me " he use to think all the answers were in research, then he realized that all the answers were in the patients, you just have to be willing to listen." Hats off to you Doc! Everyone Have a great day! Make sure to enjoy something!Love,Sarah

"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr."We must accept finite disappointment,but we must never lose hope." Martin Luther King Jr."The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in a moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment