Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday April 2, 2009 Good Morning!!!!

Good Morning! Rise and Shine! Well I am sorry yesterday took off and got away from me! However I am happy to report I bowled a 220 with cap! Always a good time with the ladies!

The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! I am thrilled to announce that Kristin Hassan who is the designer for Kaizen Clothing, which is Diandra Asbaty clothing line, will be appearing on Bravo's new show "The Fashion Show." It is a reality show were 15 top designers will compete for a $125,000 and have their designs sold in retail stores! The show will air on May 7th on Bravo. From what I heard there will be drama, with people sewing, tearing things apart, racing to the end and some backstabbing!! Kristin has her own line OrganiK Revolution which if you go to http://www.organikrevolution.com/ you can see her line. Of course if you go to http://www.kaizenbydiandra.com/ you can see the clothing that she and Diandra designed as well! I think we need Team Kristin shirts already!!!! You can go to Bravo's site and check Kristin out, along with all the other designers! Designer Isaac Mizrahi will host along with judges Kelly Rowland and Fern Mallis.

I know Diandra is so excited and so proud of Kristin. For they have worked together and been friends for years now. This is Kristin's moment to shine! Diandra always speaks so highly of her. The first time at Diandra's house she showed me all of Kristin's magazine features that she has been in. Kristin is only 23 years old! Diandra is the same age as me! So I have to say that for all of us we are ecstatic!!!!!! I am very proud just to be on the team!

This hits so close to home. A conversation that I had with Benny tonight. I started working at 14. I got a job at Carmax when I just turned 16 to work in their "kids room." The General Manager saw me one day and said who is that, they said Sarah, she works in the kids room, and he said not any more. He put me at the customer service desk, and I did well! So well I got bored. So they added to my duties! Then they promoted me to the Business office were the actual paperwork of the buying and selling of vehicles is done. All the financing, money, paperwork, titles, you name it, it was done there. I was a senior in high school! Thanks Jay! He saw my potential. I took the ball and ran. I ask questions, I listen and I advance. My life has been anything but clear cut, maybe that is why I am the person I am today. I knew when I spoke with Diandra my gut said go for it! I saw the potential, I loved it.

I could be a receptionist, or go apply somewhere. However, this was an opportunity that I wanted. There are risks involved, however, people see things as possibly failing. It's not failing as long as you learn and take something away from that experience. If you fall, stand up brush your knees off and try something else. I am not a settler. I don't settle. At times I feel lost and feel like just settling, but it's the positive people in my life that motivate me, Diandra, Kristin, Sue, Aida, Jack, Dave, Benny, Doc, Dr. Bonesteel they are go getters, that show me you can have what you want, it's just how much do you want it. So I have to say that today I am very proud of the decisions I have made and the person I am. With the positive influences that I have in my life there is only room for improvement! Today is going to be a great day! Everyone enjoy your day, don't put off your hopes and dreams. Have a great day!

Love,
Sarah

Kaizen is Japanese for "improvement" Continuous improvement or change through out life!

"Success is never final and failure is never total. It's courage that counts." Success unlimited

"Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom." Phyllis Theroux

"Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision." Peter Drucker

No comments:

Post a Comment