Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday September 11,2009 Good Afternoon!

Good Afternoon! I am still recovering, I got really sick and I was down for the count. I must learn to balance better. I sit and remember were I was the day of September 11th. I was walking upstairs and I just saw the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. The devastation was unbelievable. We all wanted to be with the one's we loved. We couldn't imaging life without them. The thing that bothers me is we go on with our days and we take advantage of the fact that there is a chance that anything can happen to us on any given day. Life is too short.

There have been plenty of battles in my life, I pray for peace, I meditate and I do my best everyday to live a fulfilling life. You never know what will happen. We can't allow little things to tare apart relationships. Whether they are relationships with friends, family or lovers. We shouldn't have to wait for something devastating to happen for us all to come together. We need to picture what we want and go for it. Enjoy our lives. Living in misery is no way to enjoy your life. We all need to accept change. We need positive support systems of friends or family pending on the circumstance. Just like Barack's address the other evening. You know I DVR his speeches. I never have DVR any presidential speech. I love hearing him speak. He is genuine, his articulate and allows people to understand what is going on. I believe he is doing the best he can to service the people and compromise with both parties. He has already made history, so who is to say that he can't make things better fro the American people. Whenever I get down I go to my facebook and watch Hannan Parks Welcome Mr. President. It reminds me that things can happen, dreams do come true. If we are good people and stay focused we can find our way. Election day was one of the happiest days of my life. We made him our President.

It is up to us to make our own contributions. Our society wouldn't be such a mess if people took time out to help others. Most of the General Population believes in something. They practice Christianity, Buddhism, or are Muslim, or Jewish. Which in all cases the Torah, Koran, and the bible teach good. Do we do good? Do we truly help others to the best of our ability? I know many don't. We live in such a selfish society and then elect these officials and say hey you handle it. No, we need to be a part of it as well. We are citizens that make up this nation. There is so many little things we could do for the better good, or put a smile on someone else's face and we choose not to. We say not our problem. Then we go to church and pick up whatever book of worship. Why bother, if we are not practicing it in our everyday lives. Well that is my thoughts. Well everyone have a great and happy weekend. Try doing something random and kind for someone else and see how that affects you. Watch the smile on someone else's face and know you put it there. Take care!

Love,
Sarah

"The cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort often." Anon

"The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it." William James

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment