Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday September 1st, 2009 Good Morning

Good Morning! I wake up listening to Rosie Thomas, 2 dollar shoes. Another song that brings peace and joy to me in the morning. Before I forget, I sent out the invites everyone for Painkiller Hotel, opening for train on Sunday in Naperville at last fling in Centennial Park at 4:00. I am gathering our group! I plan on getting there earlier, children and are welcome. Good People! You can click on Adam in the corner as well. For all that don't know, I grew up with Adam and got back in touch and I am now friends with Kev, Adam, Mario! They are so talented, it brings such a smile to my face to watch them perform. I hope everyone in my group is able to attend. I want nothing more than for us all to come together and have a great time!

I have spent so much time reflecting. Reflecting on the good times. You don't have to go far or spend much money for that wonder feeling of true happiness! I think of the other day as I drove into downtown Chicago with my sunroof open James Blunt You're Beautiful playing and watching the man with the old school boom box on his shoulder. The couple on a motorcycle pointing here and there. The melting pot of different nationalities. Going by Millennium Park then heading south. The Lake so blue that my friends children often refer to it as "the ocean." I have to remind them it is the lake. Shopping on Michigan Avenue then hitting a southside neighborhood in Pilsen. Were my good friends live. Where we have cook outs and strangers come and join us. We feed those who don't have much. Watching the smiles on the children's faces when you buy them all ice cream, whether they're yours or not. When you know that there parents are struggling. I use to think once of Chicago only as Michigan Avenue and out of a random act of kindness I was awakened. There was so much more! I think oh I want to travel abroad here or there, but I never get a chance. Well there are so many places just around me that I have yet to explore.

I remember walking into a bowling alley, and thinking oh no! I was white and the minority. I watched all these people of different nationalities come together, laugh, sing, and have fun. They didn't have much but they had fun. When you have guys that only listen to Rap/hip-hop/R & B singing Johnny Cash Ring of Fire, that is memorable. The President of the league loved Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Dean Martin! They would sing Mambo Italiano, Hey mambo italiano! Those are times I hold close to my heart. That to me is First Class. When I see people coming together to help each other, that is first class. I think of all the memories, all the good. I now know what first class really is. It is not riding in Luxury with things, it is a feeling, a good feeling, a feeling of true happiness. That is when you know you have arrived.

It is a balance of hard work and of acknowledgement of what makes us truly happy. If we can do that then we can ride first class all the time. Some people will never know, some people pay millions, and still cannot grasp that feeling. People ask me why? I don't know. I think that because they have yet to ever really suffer or have never allowed themselves to open up and truly feel. That they have no presence of God or a higher being in their life. I have, I believe that everything happens for a reason. That people are put in our lives for a reason. Good or bad. Nothing is bad. As long as we take something away from the experience than we have succeeded. We are constantly moving forward and changing. We need to embrace that in order to be happy and enjoy life. With that being said I am off to get to my to do list. I have to hit the gym. The sun is shining bright, let everyone have a great day, embrace what is good, turn up the music and enjoy!

Love,
Sarah

"Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without." Confucius

"Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life." Ann Landers

"God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas, but for scars!" Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment