Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Morning Tuesday September 8, 2009 Rev Run and Justine Simmons Tribute!

Good Morning! Before I send out Rev Run and Justine Simmons Tribute I would like to reflect a moment. I am thankful for all God has given me. My friends and family who support me. It was a wonderful weekend, I don't think I have ever had such a great weekend. I spent the days with friends and today my body is wore out, but it was worth it. As much as I would love to downtown participating in the Oprah show, I am satisfied with knowing what wonderful things she is doing for our town and for people around the world. I saw the set up yesterday and it is amazing. Today is a birthday of an old friend. Our friendship ended badly however, despite everything, the spirit that works within me still wishes that she finds happiness through her day.

Rev Run is the brother of Russell Simmons. I speak of Russell often. I have such a connection with Russell, when he speaks often or through out his book it is often how I feel. The funny thing is I had no idea who he was until I saw him on Runs House on MTV! The show features Rev Run and Justine Simmons and there Children Jo Jo, Venessa, Angela, Diggy (Daniel) Russy (Russell) and now Miley their beautiful and intelligent baby girl. I fell in love with that show. Such wonderful people, who do not indulge their children but love and teach their children what is right and how to love. That is very hard to do with the society we are into today. Especially when there is money involved. At the time I first saw the show, I was helping a friend out with there 6 children. I understand the stress levels, the issues that go on and could totally relate. Rev Run use to be Run DMC which was a Rap Group from back in the day. He is now a Reverend, and a wonderful father. Rev's two oldest daughter's Venessa and Angela have their own show which you can catch it tonight on MTV called Daddy's Girls. He has raised 2 very well rounded children. I have been reading Rev Run and Justine Simmons Take Back Your Family, How To Raise Respectful and Loving Kids in a Dysfunctional World.

Through out the week I will do a tribute and will do blurbs on why I love this family so much. Besides the reason for the past 6 months I have had a hard time even reading the words of wisdom from Rev, because no kidding, what he wrote would be something that would going through my head at that moment. Again I believe there is a God. God puts people in your life for a reason. Such great people and I can't wait to share things with you about them. My favorite is when Russell comes in every so often. That's how I saw him. He cracks me up. He and Rev are so different but yet so alike. It is so interesting reading both books and comparing. Rev and Justine are such great people and deserve acknowledgement way beyond what I can do.

Well I am off to my day. Slowly I go. I spent the day downtown yesterday and it was amazing. I love the city. I am paying for it today though. I hope everyone enjoys there day, if you get a chance watch Daddy's Girls tonight at 9pm Central Time on MTV. That is channel 60 by us.
Have a great day and God Bless!

Love,
Sarah

"Without friends no one would choose to to live, though he had all other goods." Aristotle

"The future is not a gift-it is an achievement." Harry Lauder

"The most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success." Vauvenargues

No comments:

Post a Comment