Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday June 29, 2009 Good Morning

Good Morning! Well it is late morning and for some afternoon! I stayed up late last night going over all my thoughts for the week! I had a great weekend! Friday I spent the day with my good friend Laura at the pool. Saturday I was with Yvette and Jonathan for there birthdays. I thank the Lord everyday for putting Aida in my life. She is my rock. Her and Laura. She stands up for what she believes and she took me under her wing and has never left my side. She took me into her loving family in which I adore. I would give all the money in the world to be a part of that loving family. Thank You! It was a great picnic! Cubs vs Sox! Cubs out numbered the Sox by so many I couldn't count. Thank you Yvette for being there, just another friend that has stemmed off of a great friendship. Yesterday I spent with the Felix and Coco! Oh yes Maggiano's! Then we saw My Sister's Keeper! Bring the Kleenex! I read the book and I still cried! Great book! Great movie! We often tend to forget to look at the whole picture when we look at situations. It's was a great movie, I think many could relate well to it.

I sit here now with the windows open and the sun shining in, and I reflect on yesterday. Sundays have so much meaning to me. They are my soul searching days. I believe in soul mates, the other half that makes you have butterflies in your stomach that you just can't wait to see them, the one that completes you as a person. I think of the movie yesterday and I think what meaning does our life have? When I leave this Earth I want to know I have lived life to the fullest that I have made a difference. No one understands what it is like to loose control of your body unless it has happened to you. To have no control over the future. To climb with sharp nails up a mountain to be kicked back down, only to rise again and again. We often realize to late what life is really about. We all have choices in our lives, everyday. We chose to pick up that phone, we chose who we want to be with, and who we want to be. I don't want to just be somebody that is just another stack of bones in the ground. That is my choice. Everyday I work on my dreams, helping others, speaking my mind. Inspiring people to be better people. I was very fortunate to become ill after having plastic surgery. YES I SAID VERY FORTUNATE because if I didn't become ill afterwards I wouldn't be the person I am today. I wouldn't have met the wonderful and great people God has put in my life. Who was it that said youth is wasted on the young? This is a wake up call to everyone and including me. I could do things better, I by far am not perfect, but I realize it and I try my best everyday. I refuse to give up.

I know people worry about losing there homes, there cars, or not being able to have the newest cell phone or X-box live. Imagine being up against losing your life or possibly losing someone you love. All those things don't matter. I always say what is the worst thing that could happen you declare bankruptcy. You still have your health and your family you will be fine. We really need to prioritize what things are most important to us. I remember meeting someone and all I could think of was him. I didn't want a house nor a fancy car. All I wanted was him and a small shack to keep the rain away. Books to keep my mind fresh and I was happy. That to me was my soul mate. That to me was true love. If you can say all I want is you and nothing else. No fancy cars, no big house, just you, you have arrived at true love. We have become a very materialistic society who has made very bad decisions based upon materialism. Now we are paying the price.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was such a beautiful weekend. Today is a new day, a blank slate. Today the sun is shining and the air is beautiful. Let us all take a deep breath, be honest to ourselves, not worry about what others may think and live a happy fulfilling life! Everyone have a great day and enjoy something. Try something, doing something random and selfless. Be the first one to say hello to someone. You will be rewarded with joy. Later the Lord will reward you as well. I thank the Lord and for all he has given me! Have a great day!

Love,
Sarah

"I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives." Tracy Chapman

"My hope still is to leave this world a bit better than when I got here." Jim Henson

"We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives." Dan Zadra


No comments:

Post a Comment