Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday June 8th, 2009 Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon! Well I have to say another wonderful weekend! I kicked off Friday with new friends hitting Millennium Park! It was their first time! Blaq and Jo Jo! They are such true and wonderful friends! I love seeing and experiencing new things. Then we met up with other good friends of course and it made my day. Everyone coming together! That's what its about. No stress just good people coming together. The next day I planned how we good people can come together and help eachother. So this is why I am of course doing a good afternoon, is because this was a long weekend and my body can't handle much! LOL!

That's what makes me happy. Good people helping good people. Then I got the joy yesterday to see my friends to move into there first home. Good people that have come a long way and deserve to have a place of there own. A neighborhood were the children can ride there bikes with no problems. A nice community. I of course really couldn't help other than put together the kitchen and then make a trip to Walmart. Again good people helping good people when we can. That's what it is about.

I was on my way to my friends Denise and Jason's house and on Rt 126 listening to my music and I came across this beautiful golf course and club house. I turned up the music smiled put my sunglasses on and smiled so wide. The most wonderful thing is Sue! Sue Walker who I love and admire as a woman, mother, and a business woman. She is the true superwoman. I got to go down 126 and see Whitetail Golf course and Restaurant/Banquet hall! I was so amazed the smile was from ear to ear. I shook my head. Knowing how hard working her and her husband Ron are. How wonderful their children Ashley, Amanda, Kristin are. They have raised humble hardworking children. They all have great hearts and they too believe in the Lord and the Lord has blessed them. If and when you go there you will see what an accomplishment. It is so moving to see your friends and people you care about do well and suceed!

Think we only have so much time here on earth. What do you want to do with your life? Because at the end when we are gone and stand before God, do you think it matters what kind of car we drove or how big our house is. I want an SUV! So I can fit kids in it. So I can show them things and take more people in car. I want a big house to fill it with people so it can be a safe haven for all who need help can come and go. A home filled with laughter, fun and redemption. I want to live a fulfilling life were I feel those butterflies in my stomach all the time. I want to leave this world knowing that I have made a difference in one person's life and ultimate goal is to bring people together, again good people helping good people. A new community in this selfish world we live in.

I know people who don't have homes, that need cars to get to work, need food, have no power! Some need furniture. Some children need clothes, adults need clothes. If anyone wants to help someone let me know. I know plenty in need. I always say to my friends save your kids clothes I will make sure they get to a child in need. Taking that into consideration, think how much we take for granted everyday. It is very humbling. Yes we can all have our luxuries, but remember there are others out there that need as well. It's okay for us to have our own needs and wants and crave those material possessions. That's the world we live in. If we take a step back than look at the big picture why? My family is one, if it isn't broke why buy a new one. True. I like things nice and matching and we each have our own style that define who we are. That's great! That's good. I say to people all the time, I have expensive taste, I like nice things, but the secret is you have to be willing to drop those nice things at any time and give them up. Because they are only things. Do not let the material possessions define you, become you. Then you are lost. You can have them enjoy them but don't let them define who you are as a person or individual.

Well I hope everyone has a great day! I need to lay down some more and again my phone was ringing for help and I have to go make important decisions first regarding my future! Everyone have a great day and take time to enjoy something and smile. We can get through these hard times by coming together.

Love,
Sarah

"Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize." Elizabeth Harrison

(Oldie but Goodie) "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." Oprah Winfrey

"Intense desire not only creates its own possibilities, but its own talents. Don't be afraid to do something just because it's impossible." Kobi Yamada

No comments:

Post a Comment