Monday, August 31, 2009

August 31,2009 Monday Good Morning

Good Morning! While I wake up and go to work in my own office , I feel at peace. I thought that I needed a job in order to give structure, when it just ended up causing me more stress. I have to be healthy in order to succeed. I refuse to settle. I am not the person who just punches a time clock everyday. I am a person who gives my entire heart and energy into what I do. I have to, I have seen what happens if you don't. There are other people that are affected if you don't do your job. However, I prefer a positive environment and those who will embrace what I have to offer. If not why would I put all my energy into it. Right now, I need to focus on me. Getting my book done, my ideas down and all the loose ends I need to tie up. Sometimes I loose my thought, in Russell Simmon's book Do You! He mentioned a tape recorder. That is such a great idea. When I think of my ideas I often don't have pen and paper and it is so quick to record. Nothing like getting your mind, body and spirit in shape at the same time. Well Russell, I'm practicing Do you! For the people who care have said this from the get go.

Sorry Rev and Justine, next week your Tribute is coming! I had a lot of family things going on this weekend! YIIIIII! (That is suppose to be Rev's little saying voice he makes on Run's House!) For God Blessed me again for another weekend! Saturday I spent the day with my Grandmother! We went to lunch and then off to Ravinia to see Tony Bennett! I got her that for Mother's Day! For the Aunts and Grandma's and even the parents you don't know what to get as gifts, give them your time. Go to see something. It was crowded and Grandma I wasn't sure was going to like it at first. However, when his daughter came up on stage it was amazing! She she saw her a little but then on the big screen! Ravinia is so beautiful and had the perfect ambiance. She got to see the screen and she smiled so wide and clapped. That made the whole night worth while for me. Carrying things back and forth. She thanked me so much as we left I realized that is what we will do. Life is so short and Grandma has everything! What do you buy her? Tickets and a special day with her. What felt great but saddened me as well was when people thanked me and said "you are such a great grand-daughter." Or "I wish I had a grand-daughter like you." That just comes to show how selfish we have come as a society as people. Sometimes not as selfish, but also as busy. We get so wrapped up in what we are doing, I know I do. We need to stop and take those moments.

Speaking of spending time, yesterday I had my friend's daughter Ashleigh. We hit the town! We went shopping of course some new clothes for fall! Got some great deals! Then the it was a great day we headed downtown to Pazzono's my favorite little Italian market that has these to die for chicken sandwiches! I get it with vinaigrette, on Cabatta bread! Mike the owner is so personable and then John the main Chef, who is truly amazing, use to work for a 5 star restaurant is going to be helping me through my healthy natural eating process and getting me back in shape! John is amazing! When I make good money he will be my personal cook! If you are ever downtown Chicago they are 1303 S Michigan Avenue! Amazing! Take out Italian food and market! They have to be the most wonderful people as well. It is a home run for me! Ashleigh who is 3 loved the park and said" wow this is like the park by my and mommy's house. We are very far from there. Look at the big castles. Look here, look there! I like it here! There's a dog!" Then she told me she wanted McDonalds and so we ended up at Whole Foods with Pizza! Yes, Score! Got some more shopping done! Off to my niece's wonderful 2nd Birthday filled with a jumpy thing and Cotton candy! It was so wonderful! Then to McDonalds and home! Wow what a day! Then she had Grandma Lynne read books to her and play on the computer! Again spent with those you love. Now it is back to work! At my home office, for me. I work for me. My dream team is being put in place as we speak!

After that long Monday Morning I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great day! The sky is beautiful and we have a lot to be thankful for! God is Good and God is Great! Everyone make sure to take time out to enjoy something today, laugh and smile!**Congratulations Rev I got your announcement about a street after you guys in Hollis Queens! You were right that is something to be inspired about! I go down roads named after my family and it makes me so proud to be a part of that. This will proceed you in generations to come. I was not born yet when these streets were named, so your family's legacy will be carried on, and your family will always admire that.

Love,
Sarah

"Oh how daily life is." Jules Laforgue

"Life is painting a picture, not doing a sum." Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

"The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do." James M Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment