Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday March 15, 2009 Good Night

Goodnight! Well I hope all enjoyed there weekend and the beautiful weather. Mine was a little rocky.

I look back on the week and I think of fear. What we as a society fear, as a family and as individuals. Everyone has different situations, however they all have some fear. I found that having a good support system is what helps eliminate my fears. Some would say they are so out there, and I would say to another the same. So we must conquer them by overcoming them or filling the void that is causing them. Remember we as friends need to be understanding of each others fears and if we are there true friend, we will be there to support them. So many of us turn our backs when it could just be a simple random act of kindness. Uniting with each other can help so many. The unfortunate part of it is that everyone seems be thinking in such a selfish way. There is no more, I got your back, you got my back.

I had a dream Friday night and I dreamt that I was going to my Aunt Jen's for dinner and there was a baby. Then people started showing up, with dishes to pass. Relatives I don't see. Deceased relatives they all sat down and ate. I turned to my mom and said are they all here for me? Are they all here and happy to come celebrate my birthday? I wouldn't eat because I felt bad. Then everyone started to leave and said see you next week. I was so excited that everyone was united. My Aunt looked at me and said yes Sarah remember we do a dinner one day a week together, who ever comes, comes. I was filled with such joy, not because they came for my birthday, but because they united. I woke up and cried. I realize no matter how much I try it is up to everyone else to take accountability and help unite.

I just finished reading How Starbucks Saved My Life it was terrific. A man with an Ivy League education gets divorced, loses his home and ends up with a brain tumor. He ends up backed up in a corner and working at Starbucks. Working at Starbucks changed his out look in life, and he now saw a new beauty within people. It made me want to go to Starbucks. I feel the same way. I have very diverse friends. Now all due to a random act of kindness. If Maurice Thomas had not left his keys at Town Hall Bowl and didn't need a ride on Thursday nights my life would never have been the same. I thought Chicago was museums and Michigan Avenue. I was doing well, I had plastic surgery, then things took a turn for the worse I got very sick and gained 165 lbs. Now I have not quite lost half of it, but I am working on it. I fell very ill. The devastation it took on me was unimaginable. Think being a high functioning person and now not being able to do anything, or enjoy the things you want to. I have come a long way, and yet I still am fighting. Everyone has there battles despite class or social status, or financial status. Well those are my thoughts and reflections on this past week, I will talk to you all in the morning, if the good Lord lets me. Goodnight.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment