Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday March 18, 2009

Good Morning! It's Wednesday! Oh yeah! Happy Birthday Tina! It really isn't until Friday, but the celebrations begin today! Nothing like a night with the girls. It's the little things in life! GO TEAM!! LETS GET SASSY!!!

Well I have been dodging current events. It just seemed to be the same thing. I haven't watched T.V. in weeks! So I turn on Good Morning America and there is a guy who wrote a book Why God is Laughing basically the same thing I always say. People base there lives on material things rather than allowing them to be detachable. So now people are falling apart, not knowing who they really are and are feeling a great loss. I find myself laughing as well, only because I studied this. I love Sociology (the study of society). I had taken an accelerated course with a tough instructor, who I found out went to Rosary. LOL! We studied why people are not satisfied and why there is a high divorce rate, basically women went back to work. They didn't need a man to support them. Then women not only worked but also had all the household responsibilities as well. More stresses added to the marriage. Think about it. If your a parent and you work a lot, parents tend to compensate with material possessions. With that being said people have it in there head that these material possessions define who they are. More insights on that later. Any thoughts?

AIG! Well I have been dodging this one as well, because of it's controversy, but yes this is the world we live in. ME, ME, ME! What do we have now again people, finger pointing! Stop finger pointing and figure it out. This is just over the top! That is our money that is paying for these bonus'. However, it is capitalism? However, the government is bailing them out. Is this a legal issue or a moral issue? Do they deserve those bonuses, some will say yes! Any thoughts there? Now everyone is waiting for The CEO to get to Capital Hill to make his statement.

See this is why I don't watch T.V. anymore! Everyday I would be up to date. But the mom with that had the multiples, I just heard it from people talking about it. I am just fed up with the news, its like the same thing over and over. Frankly I think it is causing people to be more depressed!!! Any thoughts there??? Come on everyone we can make comments! It's okay to have different thoughts than others, how else are we going to learn. I had to start talking about this because I was trying to reach out to people and realized they just aren't going to get it! I was beating a dead horse! So lets shake things up a little! Comment! Make conversation, communicate!

So how do we get through this. People are saying they don't want to get out of bed in the morning? It is like Chaos! Well plan a get together, potluck everyone comes over bring a dish and play wii. Move the furniture and have a bowling tournament or a tennis tournament. We can do it at my house. Play cards, poker, Movie Night! We all started getting into certain T.V. Series. Now they sell them. Book clubs! Board Games! They have battle of the sexes, Scene it, things like that. Now summer is here! We have all the outdoor activities! Parks, picnics, swimming, Lake Geneva, the beach! Little long weekend get a ways instead full week vacations! People all we need are the people we care about and enjoy to have a little fun. Some of the best times are when we don't spend much money. Water gun fights, slip and slide home run derby! Wake up people this is it! We will never have this chance again. You can't say I will do that in my next life. Unfortunately people don't realize how much someone means to them until they are gone. So lets all come together and have fun!

Well my short story is over for now! LOL! I hope you all have a great day and spring is in the air! Lets enjoy today, remember that music!

Love,
Sarah

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Franklin P. Jones
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it for anyone else." Charles Dickens
"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day." Sally koch

2 comments:

  1. I am terrified for my daughter I recently brought into this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What terrifies you? Just what is going to happen to this country?

    ReplyDelete