Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16, 2009 Mourning Aida Otero

Mourning! Unfortunately it is not a good one. I am sorry I was unable to return everyone's calls and e-mails yesterday, for I had my friend's daughter Ashleigh, which brought me so much joy through this emotional time. The arrangements for Aida Otero will be the wake at Mont Clair Lucania Funeral Home, 6901 W. Belmont, Chicago, IL 60634. The Funeral will be held on Saturday Mass will be at St. Celestine Church, 3020 N. 76th Ct. Elmwood Park, IL at 60707 at 10:00 am. I do know that this tragic sudden death has taken a toll on the Otero family considering there are 7 Sisters. All who are very close. I have never seen such a loyal and close family, so this loss is nothing short of devastating. I do know the family is together grieving and making arrangements.

I new Aida Otero just as Grandma. It is no secret that I am very close to Aida Velazquez. I have said many times Aida and Laura are often my rock. It kills me to watch anyone I care for suffer. I have a huge heart and I just can't turn it off. I have come to know the family and they are the closest and tight nit family ever. They are GOOD PEOPLE! Now we move forward, but how. Day by day, laugh by laugh, smile by smile, and tear by tear. I loved grandma to death. She was always happy and she smiled wide every time she saw me. There is a song by Allison Kraus and it says "The smile on your face lets me know you need me." When we bowled I brought treats for birthdays. Grandma would smile and come get her cake. Then she would say I need one to take home for my grand-daughter. Then I would see her eat it. We would look at each other and smile, I would wink at her. I gave her another to take home " for her grand-daughter." Those are great memories. I recently had a day packed with activities and things I had to do, I said hell with it Cubs Vs. Sox Picnic, and Yvette & Jonathan Birthday, I will be there. It was meant to be, because I would be even more upset now. I got to see her have fun, enjoy herself. She said " you see baby" Eat, Eat! I am glad I remembered my Camera. Those are the good times. I speak this everyday. Enjoy and spend time with people you care about, you never know what will happen. Life is to short for hate, greed, and grudges. Remember to tell people how much you love them and what they TRULY mean to you and enjoy.

I know this has been devastating to all the family and they are busy mourning and making preparations. All that matters is that the family is hurting and our job as friends is to just support them, in prayer and in what ever way see fit. Grandma like I said before, I know you are in heaven shining bright looking down among us. It is very hard to bury someone so close. Days will be hard, but by being there when called upon is one way for us all to help. All we can do is support. Out of all tragedy there comes something positive. It may change us as a person, make us stronger, or see life in a different perspective.

I would be lying if I said this hasn't torn me up inside. It has brought out many emotions. My history of losing my family that once was very close, and is now scattered and dead. Many of my friends are my family. "Friends are the family we make along the way." (Right Laura) I am angry that a life that had so much meaning, who gave birth to, again, 7 strong women is now gone. It is upsetting that there are so many people out there with blinders on living empty lives. Can't they see, it is about being happy, deep down in your gut. Life isn't a popularity contest. Do what is good, make a difference. This is it folks, we will never have another shot at life, so lets get it straight now. We make mistakes, we don't always make the best choices but does your life have meaning. Everyday is a blank slate, a new beginning. I hope that we can all take something positive away from this. I have told Aida and Sandy, I would give all the money in the world to have a family like theirs. People always ass/u/me that things are greener on the other side of the fence, in many situations, but that's not always the case.

To the Otero family my prayers and love is with you of course, today and always. Well with that being said, lets move on with our day, turn up the music, because it does heal. Enjoy life and the day you never know so get rid of the grudges, tell people how much you care and love. Try doing something kind for someone else, again, it may brighten there day and make your day a lot better. Have a great day! R.I.P. Grandma Aida.

Love,
Sarah

"Compassion and gratitude come down from God, and when they are exchanged in a glance, God is present at the point where the eyes of those who give and those who receive meet." Simone Weil

"I affirm that God does suffer as he participates in the ongoing life of the society being. His sharing in the world's suffering is the supreme instance of knowing, accepting, and transforming in love the suffering which arises in the world. I am affirming the divine sensitivity. Without it, I can make no sense of the being of God." Alfred North Whitehead

"Cruelty and selfishness
is some people's way of life.
Reality and reason
is other people's way of life.
Love and understanding
is a few people's way of life.
Sharing and giving
is my way of life." Sarah Magrady (August 15th 1998)



No comments:

Post a Comment