Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday July 20, 2009, Good Morning! THE NEW SARAH!

Good Morning! Well first off I would like to acknowledge that I truly believe the Lord and the holy spirit is alive within me. There is way, too many things are happening to be just be "coincidental." This past week was so rough for me. Seeing a family loose someone they love and seeing there tight bond. The bond that was once within my family but is now broken. Why is it broken? Tragedy and death, among other things. All my life all I wanted was a great family and in the past 14 it has been lost. I want nothing greater to bring my family together to be united and have a family built on unconditional love. Love of understanding and truth. So I have been so confused, watching and seeing what my friends Blaq and Jo Jo have gone through in Uganda, and now in the U.S. I have always wanted to make a difference, make an impact on this world, unite and bring good. For example, after I saw Barack Obama on Oprah and read his book I became so connected with him as a person. When I saw him win the nomination I cried. I wrote an e-mail good morning which I no longer have. Which if anyone has, please it would be the biggest gift to me ever! The day he was elected I was unable to vote. The biggest day of my life, but I had to help someone in need, downtown and was unable to vote. It was an emergency. I cried, that was one of the biggest moments of my life taken from me. I said what do I say when my niece and nephews, possibly children ask what was it like to vote that day. Well I will simply say I was doing a good deed to a friend in need. That night I wanted to be downtown in the park, but was too tired. I sat in bed watched and cried. I wasn't feeling well so that was the best place for me. I admire his way that he inspires people. It is true, he made it through the finish line, it is possible. Look at Oprah and how inspiring she is. I admire Oprah SO much not for her fame or wealth, but for her values and her ability to do good. Same thing she said about President Obama, I admire him because he is great. Well I admire her because she is great.

Well the lord came to me. I had planned on spending yesterday watching the sunrise and the sunset on the lake and reflect. I packed up everything. I planned to leave about three and slept packed up the car, and then when I was ready to leave I put the rest of the stuff on the front seat and went to go around to the driver side and it locked. It was later in the morning, I already missed the sunrise. So I went in called the lock guy, Dave Block, great man! He said yes he could get it. I would like to thank Cliff a neighbor for stopping by and trying to help, he was doing a random act of kindness and will be rewarded. Dave looked like another spiritual man I know Ned Norquist. Hard working, particular sense of humor that an old soul can enjoy. First thing he said was that if this happened to him this early in the day he would have gone back to bed! LOL! The old Sarah would have, but since my life changing experiences, this is just an everyday occurrence, but this would change my outlook on life. He got my door unlocked and I was so thrilled. I shared jokes and had a wonderful experience. Seeing him and his life of simplicity reminded me of Ned and also of my Grandparents, whom I remember being happy with as a child. Simplicity. Well I grabbed the photo albums I did for my family and I thought to myself, why not go to my family. The McCoy side of the family. Back to my roots that I am so proud of. I have always wanted to, yes today that's it. I couldn't see the sunrise in the East but I will see it set in the west. So I grabbed the address of the farm that was just sold a little over a year ago and photo albums. Told mom I would be back later. I had an Epiphany! Little did I know what I was going to find upon this journey.

I believe we are very out of touch with ourselves. I just got a book, I can't wait to read! Dealing with how America is in such economic hardship. We live so beyond our means. My grandparents never did. So I, who love to shop, and spend money on the things that are just frivolous, decided to be more mindful. So gifts this year, other than relating to random acts of kindness, weddings, showers, or business, I am making all gifts. That's right starting today I am NOT buying any gifts for one year. The gifts I have will come from my home, maybe white elephant, maybe something new stashed away that I found. Something made from me, coming from the heart. What is it going to hurt, one year, one person. I am also going to keep a journal of what I was going to buy, and for what and how much. I am going to see how much it adds up to at the end of the year.

In order to move forward we must be honest with ourselves. I love my family, I love togetherness, and I am going to do my best to bring my friends and loved ones together. Lets do it together, Game night my house! Watch a t.v. series! Hey everyone bring a dish! This way I will be able to save and do more things I would love to do, because people know I am very generous, they think too generous. So lets see, I bet it will be a great year! I bet it will be fun! Lets all live and enjoy life together. Make the time to see people, to love people. We may never have that chance again. Tomorrow I will tell you about my wonderful adventure out west and what I found! It was amazing and life changing! I hope everyone has a great day, I am sorry but it is now 10:30 and I need to hit the gym and the water of eternal youth! Swimming, I went and did a little swimming on Friday and I felt so good! I need this today! Yes the new and improved Sarah!

Love,
Sarah

(all quotes today are coming from a book Open Your Mind, Open Your Life, A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom.)

"Let go of anger-it is an acid that burns away the delicate layers of happiness."

"Live in a way that leaves no regrets."

"Looking for lasting happiness outside yourself is meaningless. It is like expecting to become fit by watching other people exercise."


No comments:

Post a Comment