Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday July 19th, 2009 Good Morning, Sunday A Day of Family and Worship!

Good Morning, Happy Sunday. A day of family and worship. I first want to say that I am very blessed and thankful for all I have. "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom. Let it be. In My hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me. Let it be." Singer Brook White- Let it be from American Idol. This was a very rough week but through the power of God and love, we pulled through, together. The Services for Grandma Aida were nothing less than first class. By that, I don't mean money spent, I mean the love and togetherness that was present. It was the most honorable wake I had ever seen, and the most touching and loving service. The love was true and there was so much respect for her. The slide show and music was beautiful. From start to finish, including the James Bond funeral procession, it was so well done. You would have thought that a large public figure was being laid to rest. But what made it so first class was, it was an ordinary woman with an extraordinary heart loved by many. They fought for her, they stood up for her, and that is honorable and that is first class! You don't see that much anymore.

Funerals are so difficult for me, I cannot stand to see anyone suffer. To watch people I care about cry and suffer, and I could not sooth there pain broke my heart. I can't help it, it is who I am. The problem is I give and give. I sacrifice and I LOVE doing it. However, I can only help so many. So now after reflecting, I know that I really need to make sure I work harder, and put in more effort, even if it takes away from some things, because that will allow me to be able to help more. That makes me content, making people smile, loving, and helping.

Well today I am going to head downtown just myself and reflect and enjoy the sunrise over the lake. One of my favorite pleasures is watching the sunrise and set among water. I will walk, be by the beach, do what ever inspires me to do. I need to do this and regroup so I can continue to move forward. So I am on my way back, not to the old Sarah, but the new and improved Sarah. The Sarah that has had the great honor of suffering and has hurdles in the way. With out them I wouldn't be the person I am today, nor the wonderful people God has put in my life. I picture the person I want to be, capture it, then go for it. When I stumble, I stand back up and brush off my knees.

Let me say it again. We only live once, and we can't say "oh I will do it in my next life." We have to do it now. We all make mistakes, have flaws, said things out of anger. But, do we want to live like that, with that. I think that is what makes people interesting. It makes life interesting. We all have a common goal, happiness. True happiness! If you can do something good for someone than why not? Why not be the first person to say hello. I believe that will help us along the path to true happiness. I don't settle anymore for anything less than what I want. So people can be real and good, or they can take a bow. I love the song "If I were a boy" by Beyonce. It just stirs up a certain emotion with me. I have witnessed many of those relationships. But now I just laugh, now I refer to the book, "Measure of a Man." Well I must go now, Cheers! To a new day an improved perspective, and to continuous change. IF the good lord lets us we meet again tomorrow morning. Have a great day!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment