Friday, August 21, 2009

The Last Day of Russell Simmon's Tribute, The First day of Peace!

Good Morning! Yes this is the Last day of Russell Simmon's Tribute but it is the first day of peace for me! I wake up everyday with struggles, but by the end of the day, I go to bed knowing I have done my best. I spend my life giving, and sometimes it is so discouraging. We live in a selfish world, not a selfless world. In Russell Simmon's Book Do You! 12 Laws To The Power In You To Achieve Happiness and Success, you will find peace. I have been trying to buy them as I can, I hand them out like candy canes at Christmas. No matter who you are, or were you are in your life Russell Simmons is an Inspiring Individual and has an extraordinary heart and soul. He should receive much more credit than what is given. Both he and I know it is not about the credit given, because we walk away from things knowing what we have done and that is the reward. No money or credit could give you the feeling you get when you do something kind and selfless.

So many people have the power everyday to reach out, do something kind and choose not too. Celebrities, don't even get me started. I hear "well I raised $30,000 for this cause this year." Whoopie, want a cookie! What about the everyday acts of kindness. They have not a clue of the happiness they are missing out on. Here is one, being at Target and seeing a mom or dad with a calculator being in front of them in line and purchasing all there things as well. Or in a store, holding open the door for someone else, saying hello to someone first. Randomly picking someone out of your "fan club" giving them a ticket to your concert and an autograph. Spending $20,000 instead of on purses and buying a car for a mom or dad that struggles with taking children on public transportation everyday. Just stopping by an oncology ward of a hospital with gifts. Just stopping randomly at a house and saying hello. Hey how about writing a book like Russell Simmons and sharing the fact that good people, deserve praise. Not the ones saving up to spend $2,0000 on a purse. They do that because they want to be this great person. Just like those "great people." That is when everyday people have to realize, do you think they are truly happy. Is that $2000.00 purse going to bring you happiness. Now I have an eye for nice things, but they are accessories, they don't define who I am. I am willing to give them up at any time. You know what $2,0000 could do for someone!

Yeah this man help put hip hop on the map and like people have said and he said in his book he has the nickname "The Godfather of Hip Hop." He is so much more than that. Inspirational, caring, and legendary. A philanthropist of a whole new means. I didn't know exactly who he was. I don't see him in Tabloids or on the news. Probably because he keeps his nose clean and does great things. Not that those who do great things don't end up in tabloids, because they do. Our media is way out of control. There does need to be a control with this Paparazzi, and a law needs to be passed. People don't realize these people are people just like you and me. They deserve the right to enjoy life and have privacy. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go out in public and just enjoy people with them not knowing who I am. The stress I could only imagine. That's why they need God in there life, a good support team and realize that what they have and the money they have is just an accessory in life, not life itself. Like I said I didn't know WHO Russell Simmons was before, I knew of him, but now I feel a sense of peace after reading his book. I would see him on Runs House on MTV. Great Show, about family, a good family with good morals and values. Rev and Justine embrace there family. Justine you don't smother, you love your children. They should be so thankful to have such a wonderful mother who cares. Because I personally know children who have parents that have gone without having a good mother. Their life has been so tough. I helped raise 6 children for 4 years, I always say, when I am a mom and I have a family that's how I am going to Run my house! I see Russell in and out and I die laughing. I see the dynamics and I love it. I wish I was there. I see the similarities between him and Rev, yet there differences. Man when you guys were in Hawaii and Russell was in the office I was rolling. Russell and Rev both teach, they embrace just in different ways. No worries dRev Run and Justine Simmons, Take back your Family is next! I finally found it. I originally was looking for that book and found Russell's. I wanted so much to be a nanny for your family. A family full of love. I was an "unpaid nanny of sorts" for years to children that didn't have the support of there parents present everyday and it tore me to pieces. I want children, but with my past health issues, I don't know if it would be possible. You are so present all the time, that I would have so much time to write and enjoy life as well. If you need me you know how to get a hold of me! LOL!

So Russell Thank You! Thank You for wonderful laughs, words of inspiration and stories that are so close to my heart. I feel again at peace. I feel that even from "The Godfather of Hip Hop" that my journey is that of the right one. I am on the right track. I just keep going, let myself stay open to God and keep praying all day, enjoy meditation, and I can officially go re-join my Yoga class at the gym rather than just at home. It is ok if I can't do it all. Everyday I live life to the fullest, I help, I must stay detached from other's problems, but yet love and give. I fight still everyday. I just woke up after being awake for 36 hours and finally getting some sleep. I must make sure now that my mind is fit that my body gets the nourishment and the things it deserves. I no longer stress about my plus size, I surround myself with a great positive support system, who love and encourage me. I don't know how else to thank you other than make sure I always honor you, dovetail your ideas, pass your book around, and make sure I keep doing what I do. Russell Simmons you are a great man, a leader, a hard worker and master of Philanthropy. I don't know anything more honorable than that. I know you are loved by many, but the love and compassion I have for you is real and you just made a huge difference in my life. I will pass the on the good word. I will live today with happiness and joy. I will do good deeds and continue to do my best to be the best Sarah as possible. So everyone raise your glasses and cheers to Russell for a job well done! I hope the Lord keeps blessing you and allows others to feel the inspiration to do good as well! Have a great day! Many thanks! Hands to Heart!

Love,
Sarah

"The possession of material riches, without inner peace, is like dying of thirst while bathing in a lake." Yogananda

"When we do wrong, we come to suffering. When we do good in the world, we come to happiness." Bhagavad Gita

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." Malcolm X

No comments:

Post a Comment