Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sarturday August 15th,2009 Good Afternon

Good Afternoon! I thought I would just chime in today. I am having a garage sale and it is interesting to see people. I have been outside in my chair reading my Russell Simmon's book Do YOU! What a fabulous book you will be hearing quotes from it all week. I have one question, how come it didn't make Oprah's book club? It is outstanding.

Well watching what is going on in the world and tuning in on the T.V. I have to make a comment. The media is there and they will portray what ever image they want. People seem to forget quickly we are all human, we all make mistakes. Movie stars, Singers, Athletes, Teachers, Moms, Dads, kids. We live in such an imperfect world but have such perfect expectations. We are quick to judge, myself at times too. We all need to take a step back and re-evaluate how much we criticize others. We are not perfect, why can't we except people for who they are for their imperfections. There has been so much bad press lately. Example I walked past a magazine and it said that President Obama had a secret meeting with Muslims. "Oh NO could you imagine! Give me a break, there is nothing wrong with Muslims. Again it is the media and the way they portrait things, we should all remember that before making judgements. I just thought of that as I watched people walk by and gave the elderly Hispanic woman this dish for free as she was counting through her change. If we can do it why not. It would go to Good Will anyway. I let the kids pick candy and their eyes pop up. It really is the small things in life. Cherish them, because those are memories and happiness no one can take from you. I hope all is having a great weekend, enjoy those you love and smile!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment