Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday August 16, 2009 Good Evening

Good Evening. The Lord is Great and the Lord is good, and I am thankful for all I have. Tonight I want to share something very special with you all. I had the pleasure of attending the Good Glam Gala on August 7th. My friend Kate Coxworth, Aka, Kate Boggiano and Kristin Goede of Objects d'Envy were featuring a fashion show and shop to benefit The Boys and Girls Club of Chicago. Watching Kate shine made my whole evening worth while. She had custom made me a shirt, in which really looks great on me. That means a lot to me that she custom makes clothing for people of a plus size. Kate and I went to high school together and to watch the models come down that runway almost brought tears to my eyes. Kristin Goede is so fabulous, she is so good to me and so down to Earth. She designs Objects d'envy. The host was Kate McLenaghan who does multiple things in the fashion world and wears multiple hats. She is very classy and filled with the Midwestern charm. You can find out more information on her services at www.katemclenaghan.com.

Well as you all know I won the biggest prize of the evening a suit donated by James Purcell Jr., who use to be a designer for Dior. I was going to sell the suit on E-bay and use the money towards helping others in need. However, I couldn't do it. If I was a designer and donated a suit, the last thing I would want is for it to be put on E-bay. So who gets the suit? Who is worthy? Do I draw straws? Well it hit me tonight. The Emcee of the evening was Susanna Negovan the Chief and Editor of Michigan Avenue Magazine. Before the drawing she said she wanted the suit so bad but she couldn't put in for it. She is a writer as well. Of course she has had the formal school for writing , were I have not. (again please excuse any grammatical errors or misuse of words, I do not have an editor. LOL!) As I looked through the magazine I noticed articles regarding politics and Philanthropy. Philanthropy is huge to me. I believe in giving back, I believe truly the holy spirit runs through me. I thought it was all fashion and it's not. It is a very well laid out magazine. I was never expecting what I saw. Please go to www.michiganavemag.com. It is extraordinary!

Well Susanna Stand up for your standing ovation. You are the lucky winner. You get the James Purcell Jr. suit free of charge. Giving isn't always to the unfortunate or needy. What about those who go un-noticed. I feel like that way at times, that people just assume oh she is fine and never give or offer. The last random act of kindness I received was, never. I speak often of random acts of kindness. Just because your successful doesn't mean you don't deserve that suit. You very much so deserve that suit. You have worked very hard and when I met you were very kind to me and very real. That to me is worth more than money or power. The more I thought of it the better the fit. You have built something and you should be very proud. We could all use extra money or extra this, but to make someones day is priceless. They don't have to be poverty stricken. I have found that just ordinary people are just as thankful if not even more. How many ordinary people get random acts of kindness? I have many wishes, but they are not granted. So do many of my average to well off friends. Well Susanna I hope you enjoy your suit, I can't wait to start getting the magazine. Thank You all so much. Thank you Kristin, for your kindness, and for dressing me in your beautiful jewels. You can find her at www.objectsdenvy.com. You are a true person with a great soul. Kate, we go way back, and I am more than proud I am ecstatic! You have achieved so much and you are so good to me. Thank You, if it wasn't for you I would have missed out on a great opportunity. You can find Kate's shirts at www.Kateboggiano.com, no worries on what size she custom makes them as well. Thank you all! Well we have a big week to look forward to a week in tribute to Russell Simmons! Wow, we have such similar souls. If you don't know who he is, you will. Well I hope you all enjoyed your evening, good night to all and if the good Lord lets us we will meet again in the morning!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment