Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday August 20th, 2009 Good Afternoon, On my lunch break I am just chiming in!

Well I hope everyone's day is going well! I have yet to get a little shut eye, but that is okay because I am working. Yes even on Lunch! My day job I get to work for a plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical company part-time! I love it! Keeping it real! People don't realize how humbling the trades really are. As I would see work orders come in and notice spelling errors or hear of learning disabilities, but they too have a craft. To be able to be a part of something that helps put food on the table for hard workers, makes my day.

I love to learn each and every day. Each day is a blank slate and we don't have to be the person we were yesterday. I had a passion for medicine after becoming ill, however, I am getting my life and health back and I cannot compromise that by practicing medicine. However, as I was sick I bought medical books, I studied, learned medical terminology and soaked up everything Doc would teach me. I learned how to recognize what was going on with my own body. I was unable to go to school but I self taught myself. I found this part in Russell's book very funny "I know this guy who keeps telling me he's going to be a lawyer every time I see him. It is always '"yo Russell I'm a good arguer, they won't be able to f**k with me in the courtroom. I'm going to be a big time lawyer!" But when I ask him what he is doing about it, all I hear is "well once I have my degree, I'm going to think about Law School." But I don't want to hear about waiting on a degree! That is why I tell him "If you want to be a lawyer so bad then where are your law books? The Libraries are wide the f**k open. Get there and study the law!" Because you should never wait for a school to accept you before you start studying the practice of law. Head down to a library and start studying the practice of law." I laughed so hard and still do! You took the words right out of my mouth. I have Sarah's library at home and everyone better be returning those books if your not studding! LOL! I am at work and we are talking about this, if you don't know something search it out, learn it! That's Russell, he is always searching it out and always learning. A professor once pointed it out, those who go home and do research are the ones that are the difference between just a student and a scholar. Russell is a scholar and he doesn't have a degree from Harvard! Well back to work! Have a great day!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment