Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday August 10, 2010 Good Morning

Good Morning! Yes it is! Sorry I meant to write a good night, but my to do list was long and then half way through me and a couple friends went around the corner to my Aunt's house and randomly jumped in the pool! It was great! Being sporadic, diverging from the regular schedule makes life worth while! It was fun and fresh! Well my little space at work is getting a make over today! I am so excited!

Speaking of makeover, my style has really changed. I went to Good Glam Gala this past Friday. It was a fashion show and shopping that benefiting The Boys and Girls Club of Chicago. It was Magnificent! From the flower petals lined on the floor to the champagne flowing in glasses. The Hearty Boys catered and it was so wonderful. The show was amazing, I kept seeing things that came out, that I wanted. The designers Kate Baggiano, and Kristen Goede of Objects D' envy, are just amazing, I want it all! There was an announcement that Kate will be featured in In Style Magazine in October! Wow! Not hard to imagine especially because her style is so chic! You can check her out at www.kateboggiano.com where she makes high quality woman's blouses. Then of course there was the beautiful jewels I love so much www.objectsdenvy.com. Amazing, I was really taken back. They are local designers that offer great quality and amazing style.

The Emcee was Susanna Negovan who is the Editor-in-Chief of of Michigan Avenue Magazine which I am now subscribing to. Wow amazing woman, so down to earth. We should be supporting our local designers. She spoke about how Chicago has really been put back on the map for fashion. Look at Michelle Obama, we have Oprah, Chicago is really up and coming. She has that wonderful Midwestern personality and come to find out she use to write "Susanna's Night Out" in the Chicago Sun Times along with "Shopping With Susanna." She also serves on the as a member of the Economic Club of Chicago. It was such a pleasure meeting her, and I can't wait to start receiving Michigan Avenue Magazine.

Then we have our host Kate McLenaghan who has 15 years experience in the fashion and beauty industry. She is from Iowa and has the Midwestern charm as well. She does have a back round in Public Relations, Sales and Celebrity Outreach. Well she was the host of the evening and the evening went down well. There were great prizes donated! I mean wonderful things. Everything came together beautifully!

Great Job to all and standing ovation. It is so good to see people you know and enjoy, succeed. Not only succeed but shine so bright! Thank You Susanna for educating us about other designers out there in Chicago, I can't wait for my magazine. You are a true person and it was a pleasure meeting you. It makes my feel so good when I see good people helping other good people. It gave a whole new meaning to Good Glam Gala! It was probably one of the best experiences yet. Thank you of course to the New York Designer James Purcell who donated a beautiful Woman's silver suit! A space suit of sorts. He is a former designer for Dior. For I had the privilege of winning his suit the highest valued prize at over $4000.00! I hate to let it go, but I will be selling it, I must in order to continue on my road of goodness. To do random acts of kindness and adopt 2 families for Christmas this year. That warms my heart. But It is going back to the Chicago Community doing good. Please every one stand take a bow because you get a standing ovation from me and from my guests as well. Job well done! I thank you all! Everyone have a great day! Enjoy something, listen to the music do a little dance, smile and embrace all that is positive.

Love,
Sarah

"The secret of success in life is for a man, is to be ready for his opportunity when it comes." Earl of Beaconsfield

"If you imagine it you can achieve it, if you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward

"Happiness is were we find it, but often rarely where we seek it. " J. Petit Senn

No comments:

Post a Comment