Friday, October 16, 2009

October 16, 2009 Stressful Times!

Good Morning! Stressful times are among many of us. This is a time when we need to take a step back and say is this something we have control over. These are also hard times for some and just comes to show people need to pull together. This is the time to be reaching out and helping. I have problems just like everyone else. We can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. We have many opportunities through out the day to make that happen. Everyone knows my love for children. It is who I am. I have great patience and understanding for them. Through my own life experiences and my own childhood dreams, I can try to put it into action for a child. If you don't feel that way about children, reach out to a friend, or volunteer for animal rights. So much help is needed in this world, and we have an opportunity to make it happen and we should. People think that child abuse comes form low income parents with no education. When in fact it comes from parents or caregivers who are under extreme stress. They have no idea what they are doing to that child or how that child is taking it. It's not that this parent is a mean awful person, it is that they are under extreme stress. Not one person can change the world, that is why if we each do a little and give a little, we can work together. Build a team effort.

Times are hard, and I pray everyday. I know the Lord will provide for me. My situation isn't ideal, but then again is the majority of ours? Like my mentor's have told me, we are our own authors. We choose our lives. We choose our happiness. It is up to us to know what it is that makes us happy. I do want to touch on another local charity by me called family focus. If you go to www.family-focus.org you can find more information, or just google it. It is an organization I volunteered in when I took a sociology class. It is a great organization it helps families strengthen their families healthy development for their children. It offers after school programs, parenting education, parent to parent support groups, parent to child activities as well as a number of other things.

I started the good mornings to wish my friends a good day! It was then a motivation for me and my friends to stay positive and then it became a blog. There has been so much talk in the media regarding children and violence. It has always been there, we are just now really noticing it. It is a good thing we are. We have a whole generation we need to be investing in. We need to take care of ourselves as well. If we don't, we can't help those in need either. Well I hope everyone has a great day, and those here in Chicago, I pray too that the sun comes out soon! Make sure to enjoy something today, turn up the music because it does heal! Don't forget to be kind! Try again today to do something random.

Love,
Sarah

"All children wear the sign: 'I want to be important NOW!' Many of our juvenile delinquency problems arise because nobody reads the sign." Dan Pursuit

"A lot of dreams don't come true in life. If you can make somebody's dream come true, you should." Jameer Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment