Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 22,2009 "Encore"

Yes the encore! Music Does Heal! Some may not quite understand why I chose to put up music lyrics this week but it dawned on me. Music is so powerful. The melody, the words. Everyone likes music! Whether it is instrumental, R & B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, Country, blue grass, they all have a statement. I saw a friend wearing a shirt that says music heals! It's interesting because people will be like oh that's country I don't listen to that, without even knowing what it is about.

Music does heal! It makes us dance, laugh, and make great memories, the things that really matter. We all have a favorite song, or a song that brings back those memories. It comforts us when were sad, relaxes us when were tense. It is an art. I am eclectic, I enjoy feeling. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the rhythm or the melody we don't actually listen to the words. Words are powerful. People make assumptions not even knowing. I don't know much about the music industry other than I have a musical genius that is my friend. Blaq Fuego singer/songwriter.

These past 5 years have been quite a journey. The past year even more so. I figured out who I am. What I like, what I want. Who cares what people think of you, or trying to live up to being number one! Because at the end of the day all that matters is that your happy. I believe in love. Lust is a truly powerful thing, but once your grounded within your self you will know when you find love. Love has nothing to do with material objects, money or looks. It's how that person makes you feel. I say I know I am in love when all I care about is a shack food and water and the man that I love.

I watch our society struggle on materialism, seriously just melting down. So busy trying to keep up appearances. I am the first to say I love nice things. However, they are just things, you have to be willing to drop those things at any moment and not base your life around that. Huge problem. We need to come together, reach out to one another, because truly we have so much in common. Be true to yourself. Be honest to yourself. Music is another way of helping cope with that. I did some editing on my profile with my blog. I believe in doing good for others. I believe in good people helping other good people. One day I felt the holy spirit within me, it has never left. I find calmness and understanding when I read the bible or even from reading Buddhist prayers. We fight about religion and race when all that matters is humanity. Stop pointing fingers, and stop being afraid of other religions because most of them add up to the same thing, doing good for others and humanity. Things can happen, we can make them happen, if we try hard enough. Just like it took a couple dollars here and there for Barack's campaign fund, it takes just a couple minutes or an hour to make a difference in our society. It proves by that last passage it can work, it will take time, but it will come!

Well more to chat about tomorrow, I hope everyone had a great day, feel free to leave comments, you no longer have to be a user to leave a comment. Good Night! If the good Lord lets us we will meet again in the morning.

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'm a musical genius I simply find myself engulfed in it.. Its the only place on earth I find solace and peace with no boundaries. But only prayer sets me free.

    ReplyDelete