Friday, October 9, 2009

October 9, 2009 Friday A Big Loss and A Big Lesson!

Good Morning! Well yesterday I learned that my cousin's grandmother, Grandma Scott passed away last week. I am so sorry for her loss. Also to my friend Jill and her family who loved her Grandmother so much. That is how I got to know her. They are such a close family. I loved her sense of humor, the fact she would always tell you what she thought, and she was so kind. I remember I had my favorite flip flops on, and they are velvet with a tiara that say "I am not the princess, I am the Queen." She said "You spent $40 on some thongs!" LOL! She telling Lois "No worries Lois this beer only has 60 calories!" Ha Ha! LOL! She told me to stop by, I never got the chance and I regret it. I spend so much time on the youth, we must concentrate also on the elderly. My Grandma is the one that told me, poor Grandma. I was balling! I didn't know about it. I was upset. I really wish I could have been there. I called my Grandma back because today is her Birthday, Happy Birthday Grandma, I lost count I think she is 82. Well she felt bad for not calling, and I said no worries. It just taught me to be me to be more mindful. We are going to dinner on Sunday. It makes me appreciate having her here even more.

It is a hard balance especially when we all have a lot going on. I do my best everyday to do what I can and that's all I can do. I again am so sorry Jill that I wasn't there. Time flies by an we lose touch. You were very lucky to have such a wonderful Grandmother, who was so thankful to enjoy your company and to see your children. She was a wonderful woman and will be missed greatly. I will pray for you and the family through these rough times. It comes to show that life is short and we must make the best of it. We can't beat ourselves up about it, but just try to be the best that we can and be a little more mindful and hope that people understand the true meaning of life. I leave you all with that today. There is more to announce, I know Painkiller Hotel is going to be playing at the Bottom Lounge tonight. If you get a chance you should go! Wonderful people with amazing music! Everyone have a great day, try to enjoy something and remember to do something kind and random, it will bring you joy!

Love,
Sarah

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console.
not so much to be understood as to understand.
not so much to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive.
it is pardoning that we are pardoned.
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life."

St. Francis of Assissi


No comments:

Post a Comment