Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009 "Teamwork"

Good Morning! Teamwork, is foundation of many successful things such as, businesses, households, sport's teams and many other projects. I have a cube that sets next to me that reads "Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." If we take a second and reflect on that, we realize how true that is.

Foundations I would like to again recognize are D.E.F. (Diamond Empowerment Foundation) which is "a non-profit international organization with the mission to raise money to support education initiatives that develop and empower economically disadvantaged people in African nations where diamonds are a natural resource." Right now they are getting ready for a big event, Dallas on the Rocks, which you can find more about if you go to www.diamondempowerment.org. It will also lead you to the green bracelet which you can purchase which is another way to help as well. I thought at first they were really expensive. They are a $125 plus shipping and handling, but make good gifts and go towards a great cause.

A new foundation that I found which I am quite impressed with is the Tiger Woods foundation.
The foundation is geared towards helping children and being that helping hand. There goal is "achieving goals and reaching dreams in there nationwide character development program." They have a Tiger Woods learning center, they also offer grants and scholarships. It is truly an amazing foundation. If I could put a foundation together honestly, this is the foundation I would put together. I always made a promise in my life not to turn my head to a child in need. That is exactly what he is doing. Excellent job! You can go to www.tigerwoodsfoundation.org for more details, I urge everyone to do so! Very impressive!

Well I hope everyone has a great day! Smile, love and be kind. Again try something random! I have spoke about getting involved in something, whether it is helping a neighbor or an organization or even a friend in need. We are such a selfish society and we really do have so much to give, even if we don't think we do. All those that are unemployed, go volunteer. Have a great day!

Love,
Sarah

"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy (Those words and his legacy still live on today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment