Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009 Cheers! To The New and The Old!!!

Good Morning! I remember her walking in and out of class. Wearing the same green sweater and green plaid we all did. For she had blond hair and was highly independent. There was about 77 in our entire freshman class. I went all through school without being formally diagnosed with an ADD/ADHD mix. The poor thing was stuck with me as a lab partner for Biology. I just looked up. She grabbed everything, did everything. She was so independent. It went all the way through to the Navy blue sweater you graduated to Junior year with the nice navy plaid skirt. She gave a whole new meaning to Miss Independent. She was her own person very ambitious. We once spoke about parenting and how are parents were like hey go embrace life, see ya later. Her parents took her on an African Safari one summer. I remember thinking, wow! How awesome, to travel with your children put things in there hands and teach them about the world. I always said if I had a child I would want to raise a kid to be just like her.

I told this story to many and also to my friends from Uganda, which is East Africa. So I met up with this old friend from High School on Facebook. She had grown up and was a fashion designer. I really didn't know much and then I got an invite to Pretty in Pilsen. I about dropped to the floor. Pilsen is in Chicago, that carries a little history for me. I said "Pilsen, are you serious!" I thought of all places, how did she end up in Pilsen! She is Kate Coxworth aka Kate Boggiano. So it was me and my friends Phil and Blaq that attended! It was so wonderful! I met this woman who sells this wonderful jewelry Objects d'envy! Kristen Goede! I caught up with Kate, still Miss Independent, warm hearted! I met up with Kim Carlson, I couldn't believe, in Pilsen! Kate makes these classy wonderful, designer shirts and dresses in ready to wear sizes 2-12, I said ah ya no. She said I also do custom shirts and dresses as well. My eyes got big and said really! She took my measurements and not too long after we were off with my first Kate Boggiano shirt! Let me tell you I love it.

Cake Topper! GoodGlamGala!! Wonderful event, again with Kristen Goede and Kate Boggiano, fashion show, with raffle prizes were I won the James Purcell Suit, Fabulous! The Editor and Chief of Michigan Avenue Magazine Susanna Negovovan was the Emcee! Wonderful Person! If you don't get it Michigan Avenue Magazine, you should! She announced that Kate would be featured in Instyle Magazine in October!!! Everyone was so excited for Kate. Well you can find Kate's clothes, at Macy's on State St. and also at Kateboggiano.com. I thought wait, she is at Macy's, she did a press conference with Tommy Hilfiger, she has won an award among other things. She was in a special issue of Chicago Magazine they just put out, like what is the big deal. So everyone go out and get your copy of Instyle Magazine today! Guess What, I saw! Michelle Obama, sporting one of Kate Coxworth aka Kate Boggiano's Shirts!!! YOU WERE HOLDING OUT ON ME!!!! To the words of "Sarah, who cares if your overweight, your alive." "Sarah, please come, I want you to come." okay and I win a suit by James Purcell! I was excited when you named the special white dress I adore, after my favorite Classy hero Jackie! WELL CHEERS TO YOU KATE! This is Class!!! You deserve all the recognition in the world. Your work speaks for it's self. You are a classy, wonderful woman, who deserves it all. It puts such a smile on my face to see you succeed. To see anyone of my friends succeed. Wow, you really surprised me on that. With that being said everyone go and get your copy of Instyle Magazine today!

I don't know Jealousy or how it is even possible. To me I find it impossible to get along with those that are. I guess it is who I am. I am a believer that as friends and people we should always support and lift up. Not tare down. I really don't have a jealous bone in my body, wait, other than how thin women can down junk food, wear a size 2 and I could eat healthy, work out and gain 2 pounds. That makes me a little jealous. That's just Physiology. Must take care of our bodies and be thankful for health. I took a beating when I thought it was all about being thin and I learned it's all about being healthy. Well Kate keep shining bright, your fan club I am sure is increasing! Everyone have a great day enjoy something and try doing something kind and something random.

Love,
Sarah

"To enjoy the things we ought, and to hate the things we ought, has the greatest bearing on excellence of character." Aristotle

"There are few successful adults who were not first successful children." Alexander Chase

"It takes time to be a success, but time is all it takes." Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment