Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009 Time To Make A Statement! Words Are Powerful!

Good Morning! First I want to say I enabled the blog to allow anyone to make comments, not just registered users. I will continue to do this as long as they are respectful comments. As I stayed awake last night thinking with my trusty koosh ball, I wonder how can we, how can I, touch people. I have always thought words were the most powerful. No need for fighting because words will knock you down right on the spot. We are in a crisis situation. Our society as we know it is collapsing. We can turn our heads or face it. There is a documentary called "The Shadow Effect." Now there may be things in there that not all agree with. However, there are very vivid and effective points. I believe this is what America needs. To stop living in the shadow, to step into the light and be who they really are. There have been many stepping stones in my short life. There will be plenty more. As I try to put together my memoir from 2004 on, through my health struggles, the shackles the government put me in. The fight in myself, the awaking I had through random acts of kindness, how loss effected my life, how someone's death affected an entire community and yet I found happiness and success despite heartache and even more struggles. I live to give, share, and try to make a difference in this world. My voice will be heard. I also use to write poetry. Planning on trying songwriting. I am a little jealous that I have a singer/songwriter that is so gifted it makes me look like I am in Kindergarten.

This week I am going to share some of those songs! The ones that show significance in my life. I will do my best with the lyrics. I wish it was all Eric Clapton, wonderfully romantic and perfect music. However, we have come to an age were music, is a symbol of what is happening in life and throughout the world. I say never deprive a child of music. It is true music does heal. It helps you through those tough times. It brings you joy, brings you comfort during those hard times, and is your best friend speaking the words you can't. So this week I will share the music that has led me to heal! I am proud to say I am healing. Totally healed, well that is a life long battle for someone my age that has been thrown many curve balls. I hope you all enjoy. Some may not appeal to all age groups, but remember this is true. This is what is happening in this generation. We should be open minded and wake up and reach out. What can we do to help? I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend, I got a chance to stop by Town Hall Bowl, saw some old faces always great. A place that really changed my life. Enjoy! If the good Lord lets us we will meet again tomorrow morning!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment